The City of Rochester’s new Department of Public Works Building, located at 1141 N. Wilcox, officially opened with a Ribbon Cutting held on October 12.
The one-story building is 6,100 sq. ft., and is just one of a number of enhancements to the DPW site that included modifications and additions to the existing DPW garages, salt storage shed, and construction of a new gas tank/canopy structure.
Site work included phased demolition of the existing buildings, new asphalt paving, concrete walks, landscaping, irrigation, gates, lighting, underground utilities, and gas tanks.
Anderson, Eckstein & Westrick (AEW) was honored to serve as the Architect of Record, and performed the Architectural, Structural and Civil Engineering for this great new building. Jason Arlow, AIA, VP, and Director of Architecture, served as Project Manager, Scott Kelley, Senior Architect, was the Construction Administration Architect, Gordon Wilson, VP, PE, was the Principal in Charge, Aseel Putros, PE, Lead Civil Engineer, and Kevin Zauel, PE, served as the Structural Engineer. Peter Basso Associates was the Mechanical and Electrical Engineer.