The QA/QC Coordinator is responsible for the quality of AEW plans and specifications. This person will manage AEW’s QA/QC process and standards, mentoring staff in company standards and procedures. They will research and review new industry trends, communicating changes and interfacing with Project Managers and Designers.
AEW is a leading design firm that has been engineering strong communities since 1968 providing civil engineering, architecture, surveying, GIS and other consulting solutions. Working with municipalities and private clients, AEW is focused on developing and growing long-term relationships with our partners, employees, and clients while maintaining our foundation of integrity and respect for the communities in which we live and work.
- Performing and overseeing QA/QC reviews of AEW plans and specifications
- Maintaining and updating internal plan review forms
- Maintaining internal plan review log
- Regular reporting of QA/QC metrics
- Participating in comment resolution meetings as required
- Coordinating and scheduling QA/QC reviews to maintain project schedule
- Associates degree in Construction Technology or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of construction related experience
- Good math skills and familiarity with reading plans and following company standards are essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the current MDOT Standard Specification for Construction is preferred
In addition to the education and experience requirements and preferences, it is imperative all employees share the company’s core values:
Culture, Benefits & Perks
We truly believe we have the best people at AEW, which allows us to have a fantastic culture! Like our team, the ideal candidate for this position will need to appreciate, respect, and embrace our core values of being Compassionate, Dedicated, Ethical, Genuine, Respectful, and Service Oriented.
AEW has the best benefits package around, including fully paid BCBS health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents! We also offer short-term and long-term disability and life insurance at no cost to our employees. Our 401(k) matching increased in 2023 and profit sharing has been happening for almost 40 years! Other features of our benefits package include professional development support, community service time off, HSA/FSA, parental leave, and generous paid holidays and PTO.
We host several employee appreciation and recognition events and offer opportunities to join various steering committees so you can really make a difference at AEW. Our Employee Activities Committee (EAC) plans monthly social events including Axe Throwing, Chili Cook-Offs, Golf Outings, Cornhole Tournaments, Food Trucks and so much more! Other perks include fresh bagels weekly, wellness events, AEW custom apparel, and the most welcoming, supportive group of co-workers you will ever find! Check out our social media pages to see what it’s really like to be part of our AEWsome team!