Senior Water/Wastewater Treatment Engineer
As a Senior Water/Wastewater Treatment Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the Water/Wastewater Treatment department. Your general responsibilities in this role include establishing and updating company standards and procedures for water/wastewater treatment work, and mentoring other AEW employees in these standards and procedures. Additionally, maintaining a positive relationship with our existing clients, as well as seeking new business is vital to this role. Other responsibilities include researching and reviewing industry trends and communicating changes.
AEW is a leading design firm that has been engineering strong communities since 1968 providing civil engineering, architecture, surveying, GIS and other consulting solutions. Working with municipalities and private clients, AEW is focused on developing and growing long-term relationships with our partners, employees, and clients while maintaining our foundation of integrity and respect for the communities in which we live and work.
As a Senior Water/Wastewater Treatment Engineer, responsibilities include:
- Developing time estimates for proposals
- Verifying accuracy of technical work
- Completing detail designs; producing project plans and specifications
- Communicating with Project Managers and clients regarding project work
- Assuring accuracy and timeliness of work
- Coordinating workload of assigned staff
- Overall Project Management
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the State of Michigan, or have the ability to become registered within 12 months
- 10+ years related work experience, including biological modeling, IPP, MAHL, design engineering, construction phase engineering, construction observation and project management. Experience in the State of Michigan preferred
- Client Management and Business Development experience is a plus
In addition to the education and experience requirements and preferences, it is imperative all employees share the company’s core values:
Culture, Benefits & Perks
We truly believe we have the best people at AEW, which allows us to have a fantastic culture! Like our team, the ideal candidate for this position will need to appreciate, respect, and embrace our core values of being Compassionate, Dedicated, Ethical, Genuine, Respectful, and Service Oriented.
AEW has the best benefits package around, including fully paid BCBS health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents! We also offer short-term and long-term disability and life insurance at no cost to our employees. Our 401(k) matching increased in 2023 and profit sharing has been happening for almost 40 years! Other features of our benefits package include professional development support, community service time off, HSA/FSA, parental leave, and generous paid holidays and PTO.
We host several employee appreciation and recognition events and offer opportunities to join various steering committees so you can really make a difference at AEW. Our Employee Activities Committee (EAC) plans monthly social events including Axe Throwing, Chili Cook-Offs, Golf Outings, Cornhole Tournaments, Food Trucks and so much more! Other perks include fresh bagels weekly, wellness events, AEW custom apparel, and the most welcoming, supportive group of co-workers you will ever find! Check out our social media pages to see what it’s really like to be part of our AEWsome team!